Helpful resources for the coronavirus health crisis
Updated: August 4, 2020
We recognize that there is a lot of information in the news and media about the evolving situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). While it is important to stay informed, the amount of information can be overwhelming.
To help our members collect the facts, below are links to government-sponsored sites about the virus, plan administrator websites about their response to COVID-19 and other resources relative to the outbreak.
From August 4, 2020:
- If you’re interested in joining the Health Options Program, register for a live webinar or watch a recorded version. There are three webinars where you’ll learn about Medicare, Medicare Advantage plans and Medicare Supplement plans. Plus, if you attend a live webinar, you’ll have the chance to ask questions about your coverage options under the Health Options Program.
From April 28, 2020:
- OptumRx prescription drug FAQs. OptumRx is the administrator for the Medicare Prescription Drug Options provided under the Health Options Program. (Updated April 28.)
- PSERS answers questions on how COVID-19 closings and legislation may impact active members and retirees.
From April 22, 2020:
- SilverSneakers is offering a Find Your Fit Campaign to the general public. It is a series of online fitness videos that cover balance, exercise for beginners, emotional wellness and pain management.
From March 2020:
- The Public School Employees’ Retirement System (PSERS) website and the COVID-19 page.
- Telehealth services are covered by Medicare. It saves time and you get the care you need without having to schedule a doctor’s appointment or be exposed to other sick people while sitting in a doctor’s waiting room.
- SilverSneakers is offering Facebook Live exercise classes. These classes are free to the public and can be accessed through the SilverSneakers Facebook page.
- Gov. Wolf’s press release re:COVID-19 Mitigation Guidance for Montgomery County
- Pennsylvania Department of Health’s page on COVID-19
- Help Prevent Respiratory Viruses
- Protect Against Coronavirus Guide
- The What You Should Know page from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- CDC Travel Information page.
- The Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities page from the CDC website.
- To track the number of cases in the U.S.: Cases in the U.S. page from the CDC website.
- Frequently asked questions from the CDC website.
- Information and guidance from the World Health Organization.
This is not intended to be a comprehensive list, rather a starting point to keep yourself informed about the current situation.
If you are concerned about your health or have questions about any symptoms you are experiencing, speak with your doctor. For questions about your medical or prescription drug coverage, contact the applicable plan administrator as listed on the Contact Us page.