How to Enroll

When You Can Enroll

These are examples of Qualifying Events for enrollment. Also, review the eligibility rules for the Health Options Program.

  • You turn age 65.
  • You lose school-sponsored coverage when you retire.
  • Your employer does not provide coverage after you become eligible for Medicare.
  • Your coverage under your spouse’s plan terminates.
  • You experience a Qualifying Event.
  • The PSERS Board declares an open enrollment.
Find the best option.

Use this interactive decision guide to explore coverage options.

Review Coverage and Premiums

If you are interested in enrolling in medical and/or prescription drug coverage under a Medicare Supplement plan or a Medicare Advantage plan, use the coverage and premium lookup tool to find out which plans are available where you live and how much each will cost.

Complete and Return the Application Form

Make sure you have the correct application form. The PSERS Health Options Program Application is to be used only to enroll in one or more of the following:

  • HOP Medical Plan
  • Value Medical Plan
  • Enhanced Medicare Rx Option
  • Basic Medicare Rx Option
  • Value Medicare Rx Option
  • MetLife Dental and EyeMed Vision Option

If you want an application form for a Medicare Advantage plan offered through the Health Options Program, call the HOP Administration Unit at 1-800-773-7725.

Complete the application. Complete the applicable application form within 90 days of your desired effective date. Do not sign or submit your application more than 90 days before that date.

Return your completed application to the HOP Administration Unit. All application forms must be returned to:

HOP Administration Unit
P.O. Box 1764
Lancaster, PA 17608-1764

Do not send any completed application forms directly to a Medicare Advantage plan.

Comparable coverage for you and your dependents

If you and your spouse are both PSERS retirees, you may each enroll in any option. If your spouse is not a PSERS retiree and is Medicare-eligible, he or she must enroll in the same plan in which you are enrolled. If your spouse is not eligible for Medicare, he or she must enroll in the same type of plan in which you are enrolled—for example, the HOP Pre-65 Medical Plan, if you enroll in either the HOP Medical Plan or the Value Medical Plan.

Last Modified: November 17, 2023

Ready to enroll?

Download an application form.