Welcome to the Health Options Program. We’re excited that you’re interested in joining! Unlike health care programs created for the public, the Health Options Program was designed especially for PSERS retirees, and we continually look to our participants for input on how we can improve.
Review the advantages of the Health Options Program (below) to see what sets us apart. Then, take a look at the rest of this website for a comprehensive overview of our coverage options.
Advantages of the Health Options Program
- Substantial Premium Subsidy. If you meet the requirements for Premium Assistance, you can receive up to $100 a month reimbursement.
- Age 65 discount. If you enroll in the HOP Medical Plan at age 65, you will pay a discounted premium. If you remain enrolled in the HOP Medical Plan, you’ll receive a discount on your premium each year until your 70th birthday.
- Choice. You can choose between a Medicare Supplement plan and a Medicare Advantage plan. Additionally, the Health Options Program offers a choice of three Medicare prescription drug (Part D) plans and a dental and vision option.
- Competitive premiums. Shop around! If you’re eligible for Premium Assistance, it’s unlikely that you’ll find a less expensive program. Plus, members have the security of knowing that, as they age and use benefits more, their monthly premiums are not based on their age.
- Convenience. In most cases, your monthly premiums will be deducted automatically from your retirement benefit payment.
- Flexibility. Once enrolled, you can change your option annually or any time you experience a Qualifying Event.
- Resources. As a Health Options Program member, you have a wide selection of printed and online resources to help you make informed healthcare decisions.
Use this interactive decision guide to explore coverage options.
Coverage and Premiums
If you are interested in enrolling in medical and/or prescription drug coverage under a Medicare Supplement plan or a Medicare Advantage plan, use the coverage and premium lookup tool to find out which plans are available where you live and how much each will cost.
Learn More About the Health Options Program
Our virtual benefits fair, discoverHOPbenefits.com, has all the information you need as a prospective member of the Health Options Program. Visit the virtual benefits fair for helpful resources, including videos and decision support tools, from all our benefits partners.
Last Modified: February 14, 2024